Friday, April 21, 2017

Why would my mortgage company wait until learning of my husband' death to serve him with a court appearance and foreclosure papers

Why would my mortgage company wait until learning of my husband' death to serve him with a court appearance and foreclosure papers - 1
Added (1). They were notified last week of his death. Today they showed up with a summons to appear in court and foreclosure papers. They received paperwork last Friday of a modification, so why would they come after being notified of his death and learning of a modification already sent?
Added (2). I am not on the mortgage, by the way, only on the deed, although I am executor of the estate. The summons did not mention me.

Read more: Why would my mortgage company wait until learning of my husband' death to serve him with a court appearance and foreclosure papers