Thursday, May 25, 2017

Home loan delaying closing date, can they pay for the hotel/storage expenses?

We were set for closing in 2 days (Friday) and now the loan offer is telling my realtor that we need to extend the closing date because they have been "busy" with many other closings. I have not signed to extend the closing date as the realtor is saying new closing is on Wednesday and the loan officer is saying they don't know when it will close exactly. Loan officer is now saying that it was due me getting a FHA loan.

Additionally, we have to move out of our apartment on Monday and have no other place to go. Can the loan company be held liable to pay to hotel, storage, and moving staff?

Do we have time to change our home loan officer? I had placed a 2,000 deposit already.

(Nightmare of my first home buying experience with the realtor and Alterra Home Loan).

Read more: Home loan delaying closing date, can they pay for the hotel/storage expenses?