Saturday, June 10, 2017

Can my wife and kids stay in our house after divorce?

To make a long story short, it looks as though my wife and I will be splitting soon due to irreconcilable differences. We want to make it as amicable as possible as we have a 5 and 2 year old and want to make things as easy as we can for them. Though we do understand that life as they know it will be very different. In the matter of our house, which we purchased together last year, though we have equity in it and could sell, we would both like to have her and the kids still be able to live in it. Is this possible? I will continue to give her my portion of the mortgage each month as she could not afford the house or a refi on her own income. Could we both stay on the lease and simply change it to joint tenants or how would we go about making this happen for them. I'm not in the business of making things ugly. I just want her and our kids to still be able to call it home. Thanks so much to all who answer

Read more: Can my wife and kids stay in our house after divorce?