Friday, September 8, 2017

Need unbiased advice on partners tightness with his inheritance?

We've been together 6 years not married and have three year old son. He has always been tight but have put up with it. Even laughed it off until now. He's recently inherited £25000 from his relative, I asked if he could put £2000 into my account to help me out and get me out of overdraft at least. He said no because I would spend it? He has no reason to think I would waste it as I'm careful with our money normally. We do not have a joint account as he wants to keep our money separate. I work 28 hours a week but still struggle with the money I earn as I'm responsible for food and clothes buying etc while his earnings pay mortgage. I'm deeply upset and feel this is an unnacceptable level of tightness but I need to know that I'm not being unreasonable in requesting £2000 of his 25000 inheritance, considering it will just help my bank balance become more healthy as I'm currently in my overdraft while he has thousands in his account.

Read more: Need unbiased advice on partners tightness with his inheritance?