Friday, September 8, 2017

To cancel a friend trip

A few months ago I volunteered to go on a 24 hour drive time road trip with a best friend who I don't get a lot of time with. We also invited another friend along who will fly back with me. I've been excited until now that it's closer and I have a lot on my plate. I'm going back to a different job an hour away full time that week while working overtime, trying to move into my first home all while affording my mortgage and bills which is all new for me. I'm overwhelmed and worried that I'm stretching myself to thin with trying to move, work crazy hours, and with learning a new budget and affording my new home. I would feel horrible cancelling on friends. While I'm sure they would understand, I don't want to miss out on quality time or have them upset with me. I've been tempted to suck it up and try to have the fun but I have to be considerate of my fiancé and our budget (saving for wedding this year too!). What should I do?

Read more: To cancel a friend trip