Friday, September 8, 2017

Statutory Maternity Leave and Kit Days?

I'm currently on maternity leave but not being paid by my company as I wasn t employed with them long enough prior to falling pregnant therefore I'm receiveing statutory pay from job centre.

I'm due to return to work in May 2018 and last week I attended a return to work interview to request a change/flexible working hour as I will require to reduce my hours from full time to part time. This request was declined today via letter and I was told I can only return full time and I'm unable to request another flexible working pattern for another 12 months.

Therefore I feel my only option will be to find a part time role elsewhere and leave this company but I was hoping to do some KIT days before I confirm to them I won't be returning at all. I know the idea of these KiT days are to keep me in touch with changes to work systems and etc but does anyone know if I do the KiT days am I then required to return to the company or can I just make my excuses afterwards and hand my notice in. It's more so I can get some money as we all know maternity pay is shocking and dosnt pay a mortgage but I don't want to be in a situation where if I did KiT days and then they say I have to pay them back its not worth it.

All help is appreciated

Read more: Statutory Maternity Leave and Kit Days?