Wednesday, November 29, 2017

How many references do you need to provide for work assignment?

I have recently accepted a 2 week work assignment at a company. I will be working as a HR administrator covering a sick absence. The company asked for 5 references, a criminal background check, credit score, 20 years of address history, mortgage information and a character reference from my doctor surgery or lawyer (I have a 2 month gap in my employment history). I have supplied all but the note from my doctors surgery (which I will pick up tomorrow) but I'm starting to think it is excessive for a two week temporary cover and I beginning to become suspicious of what this company might do with this information. Am I right to be concerned or is this typical

Read more: How many references do you need to provide for work assignment?