Monday, May 7, 2018

Getting a mortgage- getting getting on the property ladder?

Hello everyone,

I'm in my mid 20's and live in Cambridgeshire in the UK. I have been saving to buy my own place I would either like to buy a flat/house I have 13k saved. I work full time which is contracted. I earn around £1200-£1300 a month which is my basic pay but I do overtime and for the last few months I have been taking home £1600-£1800 a month after tax and national insurance. Does anyone think I have enough to get on the property ladder?

I have been told that I could maybe seek advice from a mortgage provider. I bank with Barclays, I could seek mortgage advice from them, but does anyone else know of other mortgage providers that I could speak to. I have also heard about getting a mortgage in principal but i'm not sure how that works?

Thank you for all of the advice.

Read more: Getting a mortgage- getting getting on the property ladder?