Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Insurance salesman trying to get me to switch?

I just bought a house and went with the life insurance offered through the mortgage, I just wanted something as a 'just in case' to make sure the house is paid off in event of an untimely death.

The insurance division from the brokerage is harassing me to switch to them and are trying to get me to set up an appointment. He keeps telling me that going with the mortgage offer is the worst decision I could make and I need insurance through them instead.

I know he is going to upsell me and I can't afford more than I'm paying now. I also don't trust this brokerage because the broker made a mistake and understated my payments by $200 per month and hid the fact there'd be $1000 in property taxes not covered by the mortgage company and due immediately.

I don't know if I should trust him or if he is trying to pull a fast one… Why would the mortgage insurance be rubbish if all I want it for is to pay the mortgage if I die?

Read more: https://allmortgage.net/forum/insurance-salesman-trying-to-get-me-to-switch.html