Sunday, May 6, 2018

Why is life in the United States so expensive?

You need to pay rent (or mortgage) which is almost always over $1,000 for anything in any location. You also need a car in most of the US, AND CAR INSURANCE, easily another $200-$300+ a month.

You still need to pay for food, utilities (not always included in rent) and more, maybe including an education.

The system is designed to keep you down, making it VERY hard to become successful, at least without having to suffer first… It's like everyone is SUPPOSED to have a period of life of having to work all waking hours, barely get any sleep, and live uncomfortably frugal for awhile, and then even if you get a college degree, you'll MAYBE get the job you studied for, you MAYBE get ANY job.

What the hell is going on here in America? I'm 22 and wasn't expecting or prepared for this! My parents never pushed me to college or anything, in fact my dad fought against me going, I did not get to go and now have had several seasonal retail jobs, not even making $2,000 a month when I do have a job.

All my jobs have paid a few dollars more than the hourly minimum wage, but even if it were $15/hour it STILL wouldn't be a living wage.

Public education system also doesn't teach or prepare us for life.

Read more: https://allmortgage.net/forum/why-is-life-in-the-united-states-so-expensive.html