Friday, June 29, 2018

My ex filed bankruptcy and is on the home loan what are my options?

My ex is on the mortgage; however, he does not financially contribute to the household. Back in 2017, he stopped paying the mortgage as we agreed upon (as I don't collect child support/alimony), for 10 months. We were referred to foreclosure. He then filed Chapter 13 Bankruptcy and I was protected by Automatic Stay. Since, I have made all monthly mortgage payments on time. I have made payments on time for over a year.

Now, the chapter 13 Bankruptcy has been dismissed. I'm no longer covered by the automatic stay of the bankruptcy. I'm able to afford my monthly mortgage; however, I can't afford the 30k in arrears. I was denied a loan modification. Am I able to refinance under solely my name? What are my options to keep the home?

Read more: https://allmortgage.net/forum/my-ex-filed-bankruptcy-and-is-on-the-home-loan-what-are.html