Wednesday, June 27, 2018

My friend and her son owe on a mortgage for a house which they deeded to me. I make timely payments. Can he force me to sell?

My best friend took out a second mortgage on her house to pay for her son's lavish wedding. They were facing foreclosure because he promised t pay but didn't. They agreed that she should walk away and deeded the property to me. In months I had tenants and was making money. I paid her a nice monthly sum. I felt he was entitled to nothing since he was part of the original problem. He now wants to sell to "get his name off the loan" which I always pay on time. If I sell his mom loses her monthly check. I asked her to discuss it with him. He basically doesn't care, saying he and wife need the money. (Crazy right?) I want to continue as owner, since both he and his mom are on fixed incomes and rely on the check each month. Can he force the sale simply because the mortgage is in his name? (he took his mom off)

Read more: https://allmortgage.net/forum/my-friend-and-her-son-owe-on-a-mortgage-for-a-house.html