Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Fresh college graduate here. Should I buy a home or rent?

Hello. I'm 23 and I just graduated college last year. Luckily, I paid off all my student loan debt less than a year after graduating thanks to my parents letting me live with them for a year. Now I'm currently making $50k/year from my job in Naperville, IL and have no debt at the moment.

I've been thinking about getting a mortgage because I like the idea of gaining equity every month as I pay it off, and I also like the idea that it would be paid off by the time I'm 53.

I have about $10k in my bank account that I could put as a down payment, so I could maybe get a $150k-$200k condo or house here. Another option would be to rent and keep the $10k invested elsewhere.

What would be the best decision?

Read more: https://allmortgage.net/forum/fresh-college-graduate-here-should-i-buy-a-home-or-rent.html