Thursday, August 30, 2018

How you feel about being fed the scraps?

The title may be a little misleading so let me explain. I currently have been withing a contract assignment for a company at a bank in the mortgage dept. There are about 8 other contract employees helping out the full time home loan advisers. Every so often the company will buy lunch or have it catered for the employees. Most of the time it's a free for all and we all eat. But other times they'll send out an email to say that the regular employees need to eat first then the contract employees can some get what's left. That's happened a few times in the past. I'm just one of those who feels that if I can sit side by side with you and work with you all day then I shouldn't be treated less than you. Today, lunch was catered in again and the word went out that the regular employees need to eat first and the contract employees can have what's left.

My question is this. How would you feel if your company brought in food for everyone but told you you had to wait to get what was left after everyone else had picked over it and gotten most of the good stuff? I personally bring my lunch in everyday but there are some contract employees who complain about this. One contract employee didn't wait. He was in line with the regular employees. Today is his last day so I guess he figured who cares.
Added (1). How would you feel if the job you worked for brought lunch in for the regular employees but told you you could have what's left after they have all eaten? I don't want to look like a stray dog scrounging around the break room for scraps.

Read more: https://allmortgage.net/forum/how-you-feel-about-being-fed-the-scraps.html