Thursday, August 30, 2018

Should I move abroad for 1 year and keep my house vacant whilst still paying the mortgage?

Hi. I'm a 27-year-old school teacher who has recently purchased a house in the UK. I have been teaching at the same school now for 2 years. I have had a fantastic opportunity to work in America (providing I pass the interview) for 1 year. It's been a dream of mine to do this but at the time I also had a good opportunity to buy a house. I'm thinking of living in the house for the next year before living and working as a teacher in America for 12 months. I'd be on the same wage now and although I wouldn't be saving much money, I'd be living out my dream; if I don't do it now I'd probably regret it when I'm older. The mortgage is only £350 per month and I can't rent it out as I've told the mortgage lender that I won't be doing this. Plus I can't be dealing with the hassle it may cause if all goes wrong.

Is it wise to do this or should I just accept the fact that I'm now a home owner and working abroad for a year won't happen.

Thank you

Read more: https://allmortgage.net/forum/should-i-move-abroad-for-1-year-and-keep-my-house.html