Thursday, August 30, 2018

Should I invest in a house when my name is not on the deed?

My fiancé has made it clear that after we get married, he will not be adding me to the deed and his house would remain his if we got divorced. I'm ok with this, however I stated that if I have no ownership interest in the house, I would not be paying for home repairs (as in repairing leaking pipes, fixing the dishwasher, etc.). My proposal is that I pay him for a percentage of the monthly mortgage payment and the utilities (similar to a renter/owner relationship).

He seems to think I should invest in his home since we will be married, but I don't see how that's fair when I have no ownership interest in the home.

What is your opinion?

Read more: https://allmortgage.net/forum/should-i-invest-in-a-house-when-my-name-is-not-on-the.html