Sunday, August 12, 2018

Was it legal for mortgage company to raise my payments and my interest rate during a harp loan?

Years ago after a divorce I was desperate to keep my house. I asked the mortgage company for help to keep them from foreclosing. I understand that it is way late to ask about legality, but am curious. It seems unethical behavior which I know if completely different than illegal.

I was stuck signing a form that not only doubled my mortgage payment and interest rate in exchange for lowering the payment by $100 for a couple years. A balloon payment of approximately 20k is expected at the end date (in about 10 years). This was reportedly a Harp loan and completed by Nationstar mortgage.

Read more: https://allmortgage.net/forum/was-it-legal-for-mortgage-company-to-raise-my-payments.html