Saturday, October 13, 2018

Explain to me the advantage of building credit?

I just applied for a credit card and got it approved, my father states that I need to build my credit. I asked him why, and he said i will need to have good credit if I want to buy a house, a car, etc. I asked him, what is the point of building credit if I can just use a debit card to pay all that stuff off instead of using a credit card and then just having to pay the credit card off with cash anyway?

The only benefit I can think of is cash back rewards, and also IF you don't have any money at that time, a credit card can help in that situation.

Which are not really big benefits imo, I'm not planning on every paying a mortgage or buying a house, I'd rather pay rent tbh, can someone advise me, as I'm not understanding why it is so important unless I own my own business.

Read more: https://allmortgage.net/forum/explain-to-me-the-advantage-of-building-credit.html