Friday, November 9, 2018

Can a mobile home be financed/appraised if it's missing HUD tag outside but has data plates inside?

I was pre-approved for a mortgage and I'm starting the home buying process. We made an offer on a home but it a manufactured home. My lender said that the home would need to have a hud tag otherwise I would pay for an appraisal and they would not even be able to appraise it. They also said that it had to be attached to the home. The home has been renovated so the HUD tag on the outside is covered. I'm not sure if the home still has its data plate inside (like in a kitchen cabinet, etc) but the owner was going to bring all of the information about the trailer to the realtor today. Should this suffice? I'm not sure if it is the credit union policy that it have a hud tag (and it be attached) or just something the appraiser would need to look up the home. I just need to know if I could even get an appraisal done without the HUD tag on the outside, provided the data plate is still intact on the inside? I'm new to this and unsure. My lender explained it but I still just don't understand and I just wanted someone else s opinion before I spoke to them again about it.
Thank you!
Added (1). Also, this is all located in North Carolina, if that matters.

Read more: Can a mobile home be financed/appraised if it's missing HUD tag outside but has data plates inside?