Sunday, November 18, 2018

How acceptable is it to really live with parents in Honolulu?

I grew up in Hawaii and was very fortunate to come from a well off family. My father passed away but made sure no mortgages were left on all his properties so my mother wouldn't have to worry. My Mom hasn't worked for over a decade and was able to make ends meet with the rental income from the other properties my father owned. I'm in my late 20s now and work in banking and trust me I don't make the big bucks I only make $16 an hour. I currently live in my family's 5 bedroom house but it's only me and my Mom since my sister moved to the mainland for school and my father passed away. I contribute paying for electricity and water but I still feel embarrassed about my situation. I'm still single so it would be hard to live on my own with a $16 an hour salary.

Read more: https://allmortgage.net/forum/how-acceptable-is-it-to-really-live-with-parents-in.html