Sunday, November 4, 2018

Just found out the mortgage on the house I rent is in my landlord s deceased aunt s name and possibly going into foreclosure?

I'm a renter and have lived here for a year and a half. When I rented it the lady said it used to be her aunt s no biggie. Yesterday a guy showed up asking for the aunt saying he s with the mortgage company and left papers with notice of rights to an owner during foreclosure. I contacted my landlord who said it was a mix up with a payment and it's fixed. I know it takes more than one payment to get foreclosure started. I'm mostly worried that the house or mortgage is 8n my landlord s name and now the mortgage company knows the aunt and the one on the mortgage is deceased. How worried should I be and how much time do I have if this goes bad?

Read more: https://allmortgage.net/forum/just-found-out-the-mortgage-on-the-house-i-rent-is-in.html