Monday, November 5, 2018

My partner said my low income is embarrassing. How should I handle this?

His mortgage runs out next year so he is looking to buy a house with me. I'm self employed but I take in a fair wage (slightly above minimum wage in the UK). He got angry at me today because the houses he wants to move into our completely out of my budget and he wants us to go 50/50 on the new house. He earns 6X what I do so understandably I said that we need to compromise with our budget. He said my low income was embarrassing and asked "when are you going to start earning proper money". I explained I've only been in business for a year and I'm not embarrassed at all about how much I earn. He left for work but how do I approach this topic when I see him? Please help.

Read more: My partner said my low income is embarrassing. How should I handle this?