Thursday, December 13, 2018

Universal credit questions?

I've been signed off work since May due to ongoing mental health issues. Back in October my pay was decreased to statutory sick pay and my employer hinted that they may have to dismiss me, which is fair I guess. I'm no good to the company in fairness. So I signed on. I've had no end of issues with it though. The first was when they paid me a penny and told me to spread my SSP further. I use the SSP to pay my rent and mortgage because they haven't sorted out the housing payments yet. My parents buy me food at the minute. Then my work coach basically said that he wanted me to show more of what I'm doing to prepare for work and to earn universal credit, but I'm signed off at present and awaiting a work capability assessment. I have no idea what to do and feel out of my depth. I've had two nervous breakdowns during all of this. Has anyone else got any advice. My boyfriend has moved in with me to be my main carer.

Read more: Universal credit questions?