Monday, May 26, 2014

Soon to be ex wife is threatening and blackmailing me, I am scared and alone?

I petitioned for divorce in January on grounds of her unreasonable behaviour.

She initially reacted with shock and threatened me with court and criminal charges. She sent me photos of when she fell over in 2012 and started saying i pushed her and she has it all on record and will get me done for domestic violence. Not knowing how things work, I was so scared at the time. I thought she may actually lie to do that to me.

As time went on, i thought she accepted divorce and I stayed out her way as she responded to court and so on. She did threaten in between all that aswell but it was threats to take me court as she will reject my divorce.

Now we are in final stages, 5 months later, she lives at the house where I pay all mortgage and bills. She is sitting there in denial over our divorce as I believe her family or embaressment is forcing her to think it can still work. It can't. I have listened to her but its not natural, she is forcing it and it doesnt take her long to go back to her ways. As soon as she gets the hint it may not work - her attitude turns to one of threats.

she has today started hinting she will make 'my actions' publically available. I am attending a close family wedding next week and I have reason to believe she will do something there -either have the police sent or make a scne. She has told me I 'deserve' to be sent down, lose job and ill health for what i have done to her. I never knew wanting a divorce was a crime. I don't know where to turn.
Added (1). She keeps saying I deserve this for walking out on her. I honestly made the decision of divorce cause I was unhappy and I firmly believed after many months that we were not going to work out and I would only drag her down aswell. I just wanted the divorce to be peaceful so we could move on with our lives, but I feel threatened to apply for the absolute cause she is saying all sorts of things, but saying them subtly. I tell her she is making me unwell but it doesnt stop her as she assumes i lie.

Read more: Soon to be ex wife is threatening and blackmailing me, I am scared and alone?