Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Is it okay to spend a lot of money right before buying a house?

I have $34k saved up and have plans to purchase a house by the end of February or March. I'm 22 and living with my parents and I really want my own place. I have been saving for a long time and I DO NOT want to rent an apartment.
Anyways…

I Planned on taking a vacation in January since it's the only free time we'll have for a while. I'm expecting it to cost no more $4500 to $5000 max. I know that bank will need to see my past 6 months bank statements when I apply for a mortgage.

Will this effect the mortgage process when the bank sees this?

Will they look down on spending a lot of money RIGHT BEFORE buying a house?

Will it effect my mortgage interest rate? I currently have a 765 credit score and would like to get the best rate possible,

Can I give them my previous 12 months of bank statements to show I have a good history with saving money.

I would think I would still qualify for a mortgage, I just don't want to have had any effect on my mortgage process.

Read more: Is it okay to spend a lot of money right before buying a house?