Saturday, June 13, 2015

If I am a proven salesman, could I make it in residential real estate?


I've been in sales for 3 years and have a ton of successes and territory growth to brag about. Hard work and a little luck are to blame. Trouble is, I hate my boss and I hate living 6 hours from home. I want to move my wife and kid back home and do something I enjoy. I'm miserable working for this guy. I've had a real estate license since 2006, I sold a few condos back then, but I was young and goofing off. I also have experience in commercial real estate, as well as the mortgage and banking side of real estate. Right now I sell to manufacturing and industrial customers, B2B. It's scary to jump into real estate with no income. My wife works and could support us for a little while. If I bust my a$$, learn, and stay positive… Could I make it? Is it a good idea? Also, my Dad is a part time realtor, he probably makes 40k or so. So he could help teach some things. I'm stuck and want to do the best thing for my family.

Read more: If I am a proven salesman, could I make it in residential real estate?