Monday, July 20, 2015

Is it too late to switch lenders for my home mortgage?


When I began looking for a home, I got pre-qualified for my mortgage with the bank I use for my checking/savings. I waited to shop around for a good interest rate until I got closer to buying a house.

I found one last week, offered, they accepted, contract was signed yesterday.

I looked around at interest rates the other day, and found one that is far lower than my bank's. I am waiting for the pre-qualification to come back, but when it does, I'd like to use that bank for my mortgage.

My bank just e-mailed saying they received my contract and are preparing disclosures, but I have not signed anything with them yet. Is it too late to switch to the bank i'd prefer to use?

Read more: Is it too late to switch lenders for my home mortgage?