Sunday, September 20, 2015

Do Financial Advisors receive benefits from the company the work for?


I am really confused how financial advisors get paid and what they have to pay for. I know they receive commission for the services and financial products they sell but some told me they are paid by salary and commission. When I was interning for an advisor at UBS, I found out my salary was coming out of her pocket. I always thought financial advisors were kind of like real estate agents in terms of compensation but it's actually more confusing. I know UBS provides an expense account for their financial advisors to use. Do they get other perks like discount on trading fees or mortgage rates. UBS sells mortgage rates so I wonder if employees get discount rates.

Read more: Do Financial Advisors receive benefits from the company the work for?