Saturday, October 10, 2015

What should I do with my broken car?


okay so I just turned 17, and I bought my own car at $3500 with my own money. Ive been and still having to pay for insurance (130) and gas (80-120) a month. My cars transmission just went out, its a manual as well. It has to get a new clutch too. Its a 00 vw jetta with manual everything. The cost would be at least $1300 and the cars worth only $900 now. Im in honors/ap courses, in sports all year long, and don't have too much time on my hands. My dads credit is basically maxed out from 2 car payments and mortgage. What could I do to buy another car, or get the most out of my scrap car now. PS
I have $1600 in savings
cant finance a car under my name. I really don't wanna end up buying a $2000 car, so any help would be great. Thanks!

Read more: What should I do with my broken car?