Thursday, November 19, 2015

Can I contest this on my credit history?


Long story short. Split with ex wife 5 years ago. We ended things fairly civil. Our credit accounts we're paid off since we had some good financial standing. I asked her to close the ones that she was primary on… Fast forward to today. New wife, and we're trying to buy a house. I got denied for a mortgage despite never missing a payment or anything in my life.

I found out that my ex wife filed bankruptcy and that particular credit account was one of the the ones that she defaulted on into bankruptcy. So now I have one small account on my credit report that I never even use that has "bankrupt" next to it. What can I do about this? I don't have any bad feelings for her but this really screwed things up for me.

Read more: Can I contest this on my credit history?