Saturday, November 21, 2015

What am I doing wrong? I make about $32,000 a year and I never have money?


So I haven t graduated from college. I m 31, single, no kids. I started college at 17 and still hadn t finished. I have about 86 hours and when I moved away my parents paid all of my bills including tuition. I didn t get serious until they told me I had to pay myself after them paying for 5 years. I accept full responsibility, but I have no idea how I will pay. Classes are $1100 for 3 hours at the school I ve been attending. My sister moved here and we bought a house. The mortgage payment is $1100 and we split that and the bills. Our last apartment was going to cost us $950 a month, so my dad paid our down payment and closing costs. He also gave me his car and bought a new one when my last car s engine went out. I ve never paid a car note or car insurance and I m still broke. I live in DFW Texas. I honestly think I need to be making about 45,000 to live comfortably. I am about to start a new job at $35,000, but I need to be making way more money. How do I manage my money better? I usually go out twice a week and that s it.

Read more: What am I doing wrong? I make about $32,000 a year and I never have money?