Friday, January 29, 2016

Bankruptcy advice on letting my house go or keeping it?


OK I filed Bankruptcy, and it is done. I called the bank how do they want to take the house. Instead they sent me papers to try to keep the the house, with a new mortgage, payments, that were $250 less. Note: I had tried to get a lower interest rate for 3 years. And went through the process 4 times, twice with my current mortgage company. They lost my paper work. So anyways, here I am to now pay a lower mortgage and maybe keep the house. My worry is I took out money from my IRA, to help while I get back on my feet. I have a good chance for a really good job. But I will not start for 2 months. If I do not get this job, I can not keep the house. But I want to try and pay 3 months of mortgage, so I am sure I will have a place to live. Then I will just leave. If I pay the new mortgage each month or 3 months in advance, and do not get the job, will I cancel out the bankruptcy of the house. Meaning I was told I am not responsible for the house anymore. So I can just walk away. The house was included in the bankruptcy. So if I start paying the new mortgage, and then can not pay in 3 months will that mean I took back the responsibility of the house again?

Read more: Bankruptcy advice on letting my house go or keeping it?