Saturday, February 20, 2016

Discrepancy between billed property tax and paid by mortgage how to report on taxes?


Discrepancy between billed property tax and paid by mortgage how to report on taxes?
Added (1). My town says one amount was billed, my mortgage company says they paid 300 less…

which do I deduct on my taxes? I am guessing it is the difference between the month billed and the month paid. For example it is 2014, but not due to Feb 1 2015
Added (2). the thing is I would have paid the higher amount to the mortgage company during the tax year, they just make a payment in the next year… So i go by what the mortgage company paid, not what I paid… I've always used the tax record they formulate… I just happened to notice the discrepancy this time…

Read more: Discrepancy between billed property tax and paid by mortgage how to report on taxes?