Wednesday, May 25, 2016

How Does A Young Man Afford A House These Days?


Down payment + high mortgage payments + property taxes + homeowners insurance + various electric/gas/water expenses + all the other expenses that you need to live such as cell phone bill + internet + cable, etc. How am I supposed to afford all this, and to top it off, my fiance expects me to pay for nearly all of it because she makes considerably less money than me. She is an elementary school teacher, I am an engineer. I feel like I make good money, yet I feel like a ton of my income is going towards this venture. I have no clue how other people my age(mid-late 20's) are able to afford a house considering most people in my age bracket aren't engineers that make good money.

Read more: How Does A Young Man Afford A House These Days?