Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Lawyer made mistake and now I have to pay for his mistake?


I refinanced my mortgage.
The broker found a lender that approved my refinance.
The lender insisted I use a lawyer on their approved list.
I wanted my own, but they insisted.
I used their lawyer.
The lawyer showed me how much I was getting in dollars.
I said it looked like too much.
He showed me the list of disbursements he was to payout on my behalf to satisfy debt.
I said it looks like you are giving me too much money.
He said the list was correct, and he was correct.
Today I got an e mail from the broker saying they hadn't been paid.
They want me to fork over 4k that their designated lawyer missed to satisfy their payment due.

Do I have to?

Read more: Lawyer made mistake and now I have to pay for his mistake?