Thursday, February 16, 2017

Name spelled incorrectly with Mortgage, for refinance paperwork they want me to sign paperwork signing the way they spelled my name?


My name has always been spelled incorrectly since my mortgage was transferred from Wachovia to Wells Fargo. Every time I called them, I told them it was spelled wrong, but nothing ever changed.

I have gotten a refinance twice, I was approved for a refinance recently but it can t go through because they said I need to sign my name WRONG, MIS-SPELLED on the paperwork to make it legitimate. This is the first time this has come up. The notary I went to said they can t do it because it is not how my name is on my ID and it s also not how I sign, so…

What can I do? Wells Fargo told me I need to sign everything the way they have it in the system (LaughERY (incorrect) instead of LaughREY).

I really need this refinance, it s $700 less a month than I was paying and it makes all the difference for me.

Is this legit? Am I supposed to just sign my name wrong and it s valid? Anyone, opinions? Deadline to turn in paperwork is 3/30/17.

(Written by Adele, daughter)
Added (1). My mother is afraid of signing her name wrong, because it's not her legal signature. She doesn't like this one bit and wants to fight it.
Added (2). Adele: My mom has turned in the paperwork twice since November, with two different notaries.
The first time she signed it and crossed out misspellings, that was voided. They told her to do it again with a notary including a letter that LaughERY was my mom, LaughREY.

After doing that, Wells Fargo said "actually never mind, do it a THIRD time, signing it the way we spelled your name"
Added (3). The kicker: Get this, my mom even signed a paper saying "I know I am not responsible for Wells Fargo clerical errors, and my refinance will not be effected by clerical errors"… Yet our refinance status might be effected by this they said, what BS.
Added (4). Thanks for all the help, my mom is still going to go to a notary and try it their way, it just helps to see other people also feeling like it's messed up, and others also saying its alright. THANK YOU!

Read more: Name spelled incorrectly with Mortgage, for refinance paperwork they want me to sign paperwork signing the way they spelled my name?