Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Should I buy a house while in college?

I'm 23 and i'm going back to college this fall. I have about 75000 saved. I was planning to just rent a room on the cheap for my school years, but I have had people tell me to buy a house since I can. The only thing is, the area where I'm going to school is not where I plan to live after school. I would be moving within 3-4 years. But people say that doesn't matter cause I could sell the house or keep it and rent it out. Thinking about it… If I rent a room for 600 a month for 3 years, that's 20000 I spent. If I buy a house and sell it when I move away, i would end up getting my money back right.

What do you think? What are websites where I can find foreclosed homes? That seems to be the type of deal id be looking for. A good home 50k or less. Then while I'm in school I could even rent out rooms to other students and I could be making more than the mortgage.

Is this smart

Read more: Should I buy a house while in college?