Thursday, July 27, 2017

Laws regarding bridges on private lanes in Pennsylvania?

I'm buying a property on a private lane that has a small bridge. What should I know?
Does the bridge need to be inspected? Weight rated? Something else?
What affect might this have on getting a mortgage?
Added (1). I don't know if it falls on my property yet or not without a survey (very little disclosure on a property an elderly couple was removed from after 40 years).
The lane only has a single home, mine, but it passes thru a few other properties 1st.
I was trying to go thru Wells Fargo and they required a maintenance agreement with the other property owners, but nothing was ever said about the bridge. I'm trying to be prepared.
Added (2). The fencing was placed after a power company came & removed a timber mat that had been put in place while they used the lane to install new power lines last summer.

There are easements recorded on multiple deeds, but no maintenance agreement yet. Laws regarding bridges on private lanes in Pennsylvania

Read more: Laws regarding bridges on private lanes in Pennsylvania?