Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Have I lost my ability to apply for a mortgage in the future?

My old job hours reduced to 20 hours per week and at the time I struggled to find another job. I lived out with my means by using credit cards. When one card maxed out I got another and another and in total I have had 3 credit cards with a total of £5000 debt for the last 4 years. I have been paying minimum payments over those 4 years, however, I ended up with severe depression and decided to leave that job. Didn't think I had much to lose in the end. I'm currently looking for work but having to put my credit cards on default due to my current unemployment basis. I now have a bad credit rating for who knows how many years. I always wanted to be able to get back into work and hopefully take out a mortgage one day. Is that over for me now?

Read more: Have I lost my ability to apply for a mortgage in the future?