Tuesday, April 10, 2018

How to move to New England with plenty of money but no job lined up before the move?

I'm a single 26 year old woman with nothing tying me down (no kids, partner, pets, mortgage, etc) however I've lived in the same area my whole life. After I graduated college 4 years ago I found a job in my field of study in my hometown, and I've been with this company ever since! So I'm really not someone to hop around. Even though I live in my hometown, I don't live with my parents- I live on my own and I'm financially independent. I've been climbing the ladder at my job but I'm no longer happy here- it's time to finally go new places, meet new people, and experience new things outside of my small hometown (even though I love the small hometown feel!)

I've been traveling throughout New England recently to get a feel for the area (I live on the tri-state border of NY, NJ and PA). I've recently visited Burlington VT, Stamford CT, and Cape Cod and Nantucket. I didn't like Burlington but I fell in love with Cape Cod and Nantucket. I want to move to one of these islands but of course I'm open to other areas in New England. I have over $120k saved, but I don't have a job lined up. I've already started my job search but I really want to move by June. So how do I do make the move WITHOUT having a job lined up first? Any advice? Thank you.
Added (1). I feel like summer is the best time to move, plus I'll be 27 this June. It's seriously time to embark on the next chapter of my life.

Read more: https://allmortgage.net/forum/how-to-move-to-new-england-with-plenty-of-money-but-no.html