Saturday, May 12, 2018

Will my husband get over this and move on?

I got laid off from my job and we could no longer make the mortgage payments. The lender was going to foreclose. Then I got a letter telling me my mortgage had been paid off. I thought it was a mistake so I went to the lender, and ask them about it. They told me my ex husband who was still on the mortgage had came in and paid off the mortgage. We had a friendly divorce but I NEVER expected this. I got the house in the divorce but I had to keep up the mortgage payments.

I called my ex husband and ask him why he paid off the mortgage. He told me that since he was still on the mortgage, his credit was being harmed by my not making the mortgage payments. I promised him I would pay him back the money he used to payoff the mortgage. He told me I did NOT OWE him anything. There are not words to express how great it feels to not EVER have to worry about having a home to come home to.

However, I had an unexpected problem. My current husband is very upset about the way things turned out. I told him it did not have ANYTHING to do with him. He should be happy that WE now have a free and clear home. I told him if it bothers him so much, he can pay back my ex husband the money he used to pay off the mortgage. He has not mentioned anything about this since.

Do you think he will get over this and let us both get on with our lives with NO MORTGAGE PAYMENTS EVER.

Read more: https://allmortgage.net/forum/will-my-husband-get-over-this-and-move-on.html