Friday, November 16, 2018

Should I apply for First time home buyer programs+grants?

Before you answer it with "DUHH"
please read.

This will be my first time buying a house.

If I apply, will it make my monthly payments (mortgage) any lower?

So right now, the condo I want is $500/month.
I can pay it off every month easily, no question ask and to me, I don't think I need to apply if I can handle it. Maybe it's for those who can't get a house easily?

If it'll lower the fix rate or purchasing the house much easier, sign me up!

I live in PA
Added (1). "Like other grants, the first-time buyer does not hold an obligation to repay the grant. In this respect, it differs from a loan and does not incur debt or interest. Grants can be given out by foundations and governments. Grants to individuals can be either scholarships or donations." -Wikipedia

WAIT should I still get a mortgage if I take this grant?

Read more: https://allmortgage.net/forum/should-i-apply-for-first-time-home-buyer-programs.html