Sunday, December 9, 2018

Where can my family apply for affordable health insurance?

The deadline for open enrollment is December 15th. My husband s job does not offer health insurance. My job only offers AFLAC (supplemental health insurance). We have a 3 year old son that definitely needs coverage, and I see my doctor every other month.
We went through healthcare.gov last year and currently pay $127.47/mo for health insurance that covers the 3 of us. I believe our deductible is $6,000… Crazy I know, but it's all we could afford. We did not meet that deductible this year (knew we wouldn t) and every time we see a Dr I pay at least $85 if not more.
So of course we have to sign up for a new plan for 2019 (they arnt going to carry this one anymore). The cheapest one healthcare.gov offers JUST my husband & me is $233/mo with a $9,900 deductible! This is not including coverage for our son! *We have to prove that the state will not cover him first before they will quote him* How do ppl afford this?! Why does no one talk about this? Do I have any other options? Someone Please help me!
We both work fulltime, no state assistance. We make roughly $58,000 year combined. We have a mortgage, 1 car payment. We live modestly and on a budget. Can anyone give me advice here? Are there other places to apply? Does everyone pay this much and not complain? Is it just me?

Read more: Where can my family apply for affordable health insurance?