Friday, June 26, 2015

Do you need a credit card to get a mortgage?


Hi I recently got pulled over by the Vanquis credit card guys and I signed up for a credit card, as they told me it would boost my credit score… I have never had a credit card in my life, and am deliberating whether to use the Vanquis Card or not.

Well I decided to check my credit score for the first time in my life as I am saving hard for a deposit and I used Equifax.

My credit score was 489 which is classed as 'excellent' so is there much point bothering with the Vanquis Card?

I feel confused! Are these cards only for those with poor credit scores?
Added (1). On Equifax it says that anything over 467 is 'excellent' I am from the UK maybe not sure if the scores are different in other countries. But max score you can have with Equifax is 500.

Read more: Do you need a credit card to get a mortgage?