Tuesday, December 11, 2018

It's nice to be needed but?

I'll try to keep this short. I come from a large family. 6 other siblings. I'm 49 and I have a twin brother. He and I use to communicate / text often up until a few months ago when he blasted me to our entire family in a group text. Since then he and I haven't spoken much at all. He subsequently had to move back home with our parents because his second wife found out that he was cheating on her and despite all the advice I gave him he wouldn't stop. The stopped paying their mortgage, had to sell their house they built from the ground up, and have now split. He's back home with our parents sleeping on their sofa. When the house was sold he walked away with $26,000. Instead of trying to find an apartment he took $17,000 and bought a used Chevy Tahoe. He had a Trailblazer that there was nothing wrong with and just gave it to his son, in an attempt to keep up with the Jones' at his church. Ok, him and my 3 older brothers are living at home with our parents.

My sister just text me saying that my mom wanted me to come by their house when I get off work to reset something. Their power went out due to the winter storm in our area and it just came back on and something is beeping. I work out of state and it takes me about an hour to get home. I don't mind helping my parents out but with 3 other grown men at home aged 49 and up, why do I need to go by there? Yes, my mom relies on me for stuff like this because I tend to be the one who can fix things.
Added (1). My brother even sent out a text saying that he was going to go to a hotel if the power didn't come back on soon because our mom had gone out and bought a couple a kerosene heaters and he didn't want his clothes smelling like kerosene. I have a suggestion, if you don't want your clothes smelling like kerosene, get your own place.

I don't mind being needed and helping my parents out but is this a bit much? 3 grown men there and she calls me. I'm flattered but seriously.

Read more: It's nice to be needed but?